Jeanne Backofen Craig

I'm a wife, mother, pianist, and runner living in Central Virginia.
You can learn more about me at wecraig.org/jeanne.
My videos can be found on my YouTube channel.

Saturday, January 28, 2017

The Rudest Sparker of All?

I've been on & off SparkPeople for several years now.  (Mostly off.)  There is so much to see & do here and so many people to interact with in different ways.   I sometimes can't keep it all straight.  One SP feature I've pretty much ignored has been SparkGoodies.  I'd see the little GIFs in the left-hand side of my SparkPage, and I'd think, "Aw, that's cute" and keep on with whatever I was doing.  I mostly concerned myself with thanking people who had responded to my posts, reading their blogs, commenting on them, and learning about who they are.  However, as my friends list gets bigger, I was getting concerned that at some point I have probably forgotten to thank some people.  I hope I have never hurt anyone's feelings by accident.

To make sure I never again miss responses to my friend adds or blog entries, I recently turned on email notifications.  Today I got an email that said I received a SparkGoodie from BlueJay 1969.  We call each other the Jeanne1969 Twins because we have the same name and were born in the same year (obviously, from our handles.)

In the email, I saw that there was a note attached to this goodie.  I was like... what????   Have other people written personal notes when they sent SparkGoodies????  So I clicked on the link in the email that said, "View Your Goodies."

Oh. My. Gosh.

I must seem like the rudest SparkGoodie recipient in the history of SparkPeople.  I have 45 SparkGoodies - all with kind notes attached - and I never thanked anyone or sent one in return or anything.  I had no idea they were so special.  I read every single one, back to October of 2012.

Thank you, Sparkers, for your kind support and the SparkGoodies!  I can see this is the next part of the site I will have to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment