Jeanne Backofen Craig

I'm a wife, mother, pianist, and runner living in Central Virginia.
You can learn more about me at wecraig.org/jeanne.
My videos can be found on my YouTube channel.

Monday, January 23, 2017

Schedule for Success

Yesterday, I posted about the realization that if I am going to run after work, I need to simply do it directly from work.  I can't go home; otherwise, it's too easy to skip the workout.

Since the New Year, when I came back to active status at SparkPeople, I've been tracking my nutrition and weight, blogging, and reading & commenting on others' blogs.  Suddenly I found myself going a few days without piano practice.  I wondered why I didn't have time for it.  SP was the only new thing in my life, so I decided to start my stopwatch the next time I logged on.

To my surprise, I found I spent 70 minutes online, and there was still so much I hadn't seen.  There were so many more blogs to read and people I wanted to contact.  I had to force myself to close the tab and do other things.

As I confessed yesterday, I can easily waste time on the couch.  I think there is likely time in my day for all the things I would like to accomplish... piano, running, SparkPeople, cooking dinner, homework (I'm also taking a class right now).  I just need to make a daily schedule and stick to it.

This blog post from FeedTheHunger has inspired me to create a "Schedule for Success" - a new routine for my day - as well as this blog entry.
"It's Really Routine"

No comments:

Post a Comment