Jeanne Backofen Craig

I'm a wife, mother, pianist, and runner living in Central Virginia.
You can learn more about me at wecraig.org/jeanne.
My videos can be found on my YouTube channel.

Friday, January 6, 2017

Stop Wishing, Start Doing!

I've recently come back to SparkPeople after gradually losing fitness over the past two years.  I wrote my first blog post in about 15 months, titled "It's Not Like You Have to Saddle Up the Horse", which is basically about no longer making pathetic excuses to not work out.

A couple days later, I found this blog entry by another Sparker - "My Superpower" - which had a quote in it that I like.

"Stop wishing, start doing!"

In addition to the pitiful excuses I've been making over the past two years (I don't want to drive one mile to the gym), I also find myself saying that I just don't have the time to do everything I want to do.  "I *wish* I had more time so I could do X."

However, if I'm honest with myself, I have more free time than I'd like to admit.  How many minutes do I spend browsing Facebook, even after I've caught up with everyone?  Ditto for browsing news sites  - "Let's see if anything interesting has happened in the last two hours."  Or sitting in front of the TV (and usually snacking) "because I'm tired."

I might time myself and see how much time I spend doing those two things.  I have a feeling I might find I have at least an hour or more of free time each day that I could be DOING something I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment