Jeanne Backofen Craig

I'm a wife, mother, pianist, and runner living in Central Virginia.
You can learn more about me at wecraig.org/jeanne.
My videos can be found on my YouTube channel.

Sunday, January 22, 2017

I Can't Go Home

OneKidsMom reminds us often about the importance of planning our day so that we can be successful in our journeys to achieve and maintain good health.  This morning as I was planning, I realized something that often determines my daily success or slip-up (I hate to say failure, but maybe I should.)

I CAN'T GO HOME.  At least, not on a workday.

With the exception of the very hot & humid Virginia summers, I usually plan my runs for after work. Many times, I pack a bag and intend to run somewhere in town or on the trails in the park just outside of town.

Lately I haven't been doing that.  I might be a little hungry, or a little tired, or a little grumpy, and I just want to go home.  I convince myself to go home and I'll run from THERE.

However, I bet 90% of the time, once I get home, I don't run.  I plop on the sofa for an hour and then it's time to start making dinner.

After dinner, well... who among us feels like running 5 miles after eating meatloaf and mashed potatoes?  Blehhhhh.

Today I will make a concerted effort to resist the temptation to go home, and go for that run instead.  I know my body (and my mind!) will be glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment