Jeanne Backofen Craig

I'm a wife, mother, pianist, and runner living in Central Virginia.
You can learn more about me at wecraig.org/jeanne.
My videos can be found on my YouTube channel.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Starting your day with Snap! Crackle! Pop!

Anybody around my age (47) or older should definitely remember those commercials for Kellogg's Rice Krispies, with the 3 little elves(?) pouring milk in the bowl. The kid at the table put an ear to the bowl and listened, smiling, to the noises the cereal made as it absorbed the milk.

As a side note, I never cared for Rice Krispies too much, as they seemed to get soggy awfully fast. Maybe I was too slow of an eater.

In any case, I thought of Snap, Crackle, and Pop today as I did my morning stretches. I've been having some shoulder pain in the mornings and so I've started doing stretches and exercises to get things moving. As I said, I'm 47. When I start doing arm circles, it's a constant snap, crackle, and pop.

So today I googled "Start your day with snap crackle pop" and the top two hits were these:

"Rice Krispies Snap, Crackle & Pop Bowl - KelloggStore.com"
and
"Snap, Crackle, Pop: What You Need to Know About Joint Noises"

along with this Google Image result:



Ha ha!


Hopefully after a few months of stretching and exercise, I'll be able to report a less noisy morning routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment