Jeanne Backofen Craig

I'm a wife, mother, pianist, and runner living in Central Virginia.
You can learn more about me at wecraig.org/jeanne.
My videos can be found on my YouTube channel.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Valentine's Day #27

Today is the 27th Valentine's Day for my husband and me.  We had our first date on February 9th, 1991.  I was flying out to Texas on the 13th for a piano competition, so I was really surprised when my boyfriend of 3 days dropped by my apartment on the 12th with a red rose, a small heart-shaped box of candy, and a card with big red lips on it (when you opened it, there was an ape wearing lipstick.)  It was such a surprise.  I knew even before then that he was a keeper, but that sort of sealed the deal.

There have been many more Valentine's Days since then - usually involving me buying him a few heart-shaped Reese cups and him buying me a box of chocolate.

However, we're inspired by my parents this year and skipping the chocolate, although I did buy each of my children a Lindt Excellence bar (2 "intense mint" ones and 1 "chili" one.)

If you're thinking "chili & chocolate?  Yuck," all I can say is... try it.  I thought the same thing and was pleasantly surprised.

Well, that is, if you want to have the chocolate.  No pressure.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone.  I hope you all have a lovely day!

Since my mother's blog is on SparkPeople's Featured list, I'm sure anyone reading this has already seen it.  However, if you haven't, you can find it at:
http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=6314288

No comments:

Post a Comment