Jeanne Backofen Craig

I'm a wife, mother, pianist, and runner living in Central Virginia.
You can learn more about me at wecraig.org/jeanne.
My videos can be found on my YouTube channel.

Sunday, February 5, 2017

"I Hate the Cold!!!"

Every Fall, my husband says he's going to keep a tally of how many times I utter this phrase until Spring arrives.

"I hate the cold!!!"

I think I blogged about this once years ago, as I seem to remember writing the sentence, "There are not enough strong words to emphasize how much I hate it."

I got up this morning, put on my running clothes and said, "OK, I'm going to get a long run knocked out so I have the whole day to work on schoolwork and other things."

Then I looked at the weather station info.  14.2* F.

14.2* F?????

14.2* F!!!!!

What the heck?  Is this Virginia or Maine?

So, here's the dilemma.  Run long on a treadmill (not a terrible option) or get suited up and as Nike says:  "Just do it."  The photo below is an old one.  I'll let you know which one I chose.


In case you are interested in my get-up there... I'm wearing an earband covered by a balaclava, a long-sleeved technical shirt (I'm guessing) under my running fleece, special mittens with finger glove-like things inside them, running tights, SmartWools, and Hoka shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment