Jeanne Backofen Craig

I'm a wife, mother, pianist, and runner living in Central Virginia.
You can learn more about me at wecraig.org/jeanne.
My videos can be found on my YouTube channel.

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Love the Seagulls!

You know how much I hate the cold.  Well, I'm here to tell you to forget Punxsutawney Phil's forecast this year!  6 more weeks of winter?  Nope, I disagree.  And it's all because of the seagulls.

I pulled into the Wal-Mart parking lot and look what I found!


This doesn't begin to show how many were actually here.

You might wonder, "Are those mountains in the background?"  Why yes, they are.  We live in Central Virginia in the shadow of the Blue Ridge.  Those mountains are 15 minutes away.  So you might wonder why we've got seagulls here.  I've wondered that, myself.

I've heard they live at Smith Mountain Lake in the warmer months.  My parents live at the lake, but I don't think I've ever seen the gulls when visiting their house.  Maybe they prefer more touristy locations where people feed them.  I have no idea.

In any case, when I see the seagulls in the parking lot at Wal-Mart, it makes me feel like Spring is just around the corner.

So here's hoping for an early Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment