Jeanne Backofen Craig

I'm a wife, mother, pianist, and runner living in Central Virginia.
You can learn more about me at wecraig.org/jeanne.
My videos can be found on my YouTube channel.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

There Will Come a Day...

I love the Lord of the Rings movies - especially Return of the King.  One of my favorite parts of the movie is where Aragorn is rallying his army outside the Black Gate of Mordor and gives a stirring speech.  If you don't know what I'm talking about (or you just want to see it again), here it is:

Aragorn at the Black Gate

"There will come a day... ... but it is not THIS day!" has become part of our lexicon.  We see it sometimes in memes.  So when I found this headband at a running shop, as a LOTR fan, I had to have it.


At the moment, I'm struggling with motivation to get outside and do a long run.  I need to remember to get out there and do it because I CAN.  

Seize the day, everyone!

Edited to add:
I got out there and ran 9 miles. 
Then I came back here to edit and thought, "Gee, I have my grandma's nose."

No comments:

Post a Comment