Jeanne Backofen Craig

I'm a wife, mother, pianist, and runner living in Central Virginia.
You can learn more about me at wecraig.org/jeanne.
My videos can be found on my YouTube channel.

Monday, March 13, 2017

Setting Daily Goals to Curb Hunger

A few days ago, I wrote about how filling a German breakfast is and how it stuck with me through the day while touring Munich.  One Sparker suggested part of that might be because I was distracted by my new surroundings and activities.  While I still believe a large part of it is due to the different foods I consumed, I think she may have a point.

I have noticed that when I'm very busy, I don't think about food.  I don't feel hungry.  This happens when I'm practicing piano for hours on end.  It happens when I've got a lot of things I need to accomplish at church.  It happens when I'm doing home improvement projects.  It happened while touring Munich.

When I've got some specific goal that I want to achieve that day, I don't seem to think about food as much.  Not even in Germany - where we were surrounded by biergartens, backereis, and delicious smells everywhere we went.

We know that boredom often leads people to the refrigerator.  So perhaps having goals for the day has the opposite effect.

I still plan to keep eating my German breakfast of meat, bread, and cheese.  I think I will also try planning some goals each day, and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment