Jeanne Backofen Craig

I'm a wife, mother, pianist, and runner living in Central Virginia.
You can learn more about me at wecraig.org/jeanne.
My videos can be found on my YouTube channel.

Monday, March 20, 2017

Patience... Yeah, Yeah, I Know...

We all know patience is a virtue.  I am sitting here moping a little about this injury and not feeling very virtuous, I guess.  In the grand scheme of things, I suppose it's not all that bad.  It's not life-threatening and it should heal.  I was inspired by the patience of my friend JeanKnee, who has slowly recovered from a pelvic fracture.  I will put a link to her blog post at the end.

So I tried to think of all the things I know to be true about patience.

Slow and steady wins the race.
Good things come to those who wait.
Patience is the ability to wait with a good attitude.

That was all I could think of on my own, so I turned to Google and found some more on BrainyQuotes.

The two most powerful warriors are patience and time. - Tolstoy
That one made me feel kinda tuff.

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.  - Rousseau
You'd think I might have heard that one before, having studied French for nine years.

How poor are they that have not patience!  What wound did ever heal but by degrees? - Shakespeare
Oh, that one spoke to me, as an injured person.  Just gotta give it time.

Hope is patience with the lamp lit.  - Tertullian
Who the heck is Tertullian?  Turns out he was a prolific early Christian writer in Carthage.  I suppose I should try to focus on hope.  I wonder if I'm not truly hopeful.  I think I'm more anxious about the uncertainty.

If I'm hopeful, then maybe the patience will come.

JeanKnee - Glorious!


No comments:

Post a Comment