Jeanne Backofen Craig

I'm a wife, mother, pianist, and runner living in Central Virginia.
You can learn more about me at wecraig.org/jeanne.
My videos can be found on my YouTube channel.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Mindless Eating - at a Whole New Level

We've talked about mindless eating and how we should be careful not to do it.  This morning I blogged about resolving to make good choices, and so I have.  All day.  However, I did mindlessly eat once.  Keep reading.

I was at work, finishing up the latest schedule for liturgical ministers.  It was my first time using this particular software and it's not very user-friendly.  I had to really concentrate.  It was lunchtime and I got two peeled, hard-boiled eggs out of my lunch bag.  I ate one while I worked.

Then a church member came in and started talking to me.  I conversed with him while continuing to work.

After he left, I reached for the second egg.  It was gone!  What?

Talk about mindless eating... I have absolutely NO recollection of picking up that egg and eating it.  It's like I was in the Twilight zone.

At least it was planned and nutritious, but it's a reminder of just how easy it is to put food in one's mouth without thinking about it.  Whatever is our plan for the day, it's probably a good idea to portion it out so we don't accidentally wind up eating more.  I wonder what else I might have consumed had it been sitting in front of me during my conversation.  I'm glad it was just a single egg!

No comments:

Post a Comment