Jeanne Backofen Craig

I'm a wife, mother, pianist, and runner living in Central Virginia.
You can learn more about me at wecraig.org/jeanne.
My videos can be found on my YouTube channel.

Sunday, April 9, 2017

An Unexpected Easter Egg Hunt!

I struggled a bit with motivation getting out to run today, but about 4 PM, I finally got in the car and drove over to the elementary school to walk and run around the track.  As I was walking my warmup, something in the grass caught my eye.  It was an Easter egg.  I picked it up.  Then I noticed another.  I picked it up, too.  Then another, and another...

Soon I had six plastic Easter eggs.  As I walked back to my car with these eggs, I noticed a small pile of open, empty Easter eggs under a bench.  I figured that since yesterday (Friday) was the last day of school before Spring Break, the elementary school must have held an Easter egg hunt and these were the ones that the kids missed.  I grabbed a grocery bag out of my trunk before heading back over to the track, in case there were any more.  I mean, hey, the sun was only going to melt the candy inside, right?  And the first time a mower hit them, what a mess of plastic pieces that would be!

Every time I circled the track, I found a few more eggs.  Most of them were at the edge of the track on the far side of the field, and a few were by the marching band's equipment trailer (again, far from the school.)  I felt just like a six-year-old.  It was so much fun wondering if I might find just one more treasure!

I can't remember when I last had that much fun walking a warmup.  The fun feeling lasted throughout my 6-mile run, as you can see.  May we always exercise with the enthusiasm and energy of a child at an Easter Egg Hunt!


No comments:

Post a Comment