Jeanne Backofen Craig

I'm a wife, mother, pianist, and runner living in Central Virginia.
You can learn more about me at wecraig.org/jeanne.
My videos can be found on my YouTube channel.

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Whoever Thought to Do THAT?

My daughter and her best friend brought home some Oreos from the store today, but they weren't regular old Oreos.  They were "Fireworks" Oreos.  Someone got the idea to mix generic "Pop Rocks" candies into the creamy white filling.  They were interesting and tasted good, although I think I still prefer good old Double-Stuf.

This got me to thinking about how many times I've thought, "Whoever thought of doing THAT?"

Here are a few others that immediately come to mind:

Lobster.  I always say it must have been a very hungry person who took a look at that creature and thought, "I wonder what THAT tastes like!"

Snow Downhill Mountain Biking.  Every time I see this extreme sport, I wonder how it evolved.  Was a mountain biker no longer challenged by plain, steep trails or slopes?

Ribbon Acrobatics.  I love watching these incredible athletes/artists as much as anyone.  Still, who got the idea "let's tie a ribbon really high up there and tie the other end to me and I'll see what I can do!"

Chili/Dark Chocolate bars (yummy, BTW)
Hot sauce or ketchup on scrambled eggs  (I now always eat my eggs with hot sauce!)
Freestyle skiing (This I will never do)
American Ninja Warrior  (Nor this)

We also see all kinds of examples of "whatever made someone think to do that" that didn't turn out so well.  The pictures and videos go viral and people get a big laugh out of them (although it's never funny if someone got seriously hurt.)

It would never have occurred to me to put Pop Rocks into Oreo stuffing.  My lack of vision may be the reason I am not an entrepreneur or a multi-millionaire.  (However, it could also be one reason I am still alive.)

Have you ever wondered what made someone think to do a particular thing?  Please share, if you like!

May we all make good food and exercise choices today, whether conventional, unusual, or extreme.  (No Firework Oreos or Ribbon Acrobatics are in my plan today.)


No comments:

Post a Comment