Jeanne Backofen Craig

I'm a wife, mother, pianist, and runner living in Central Virginia.
You can learn more about me at wecraig.org/jeanne.
My videos can be found on my YouTube channel.

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Recipe Review - The Happier Homemaker's Swirled Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread

I have no idea how I subscribed to the Happier Homemaker, but every day I get some new tip or recipe from her.  This one for Swirled Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread caught my eye.

I made the pumpkin part in my Kitchen Aid Mixer (using the regular mixing paddle) and the Cream Cheese portion in my 1-quart Pampered Chef Batter Bowl (using a large whisk by hand).  The cream cheese/sugar/egg/vanilla clumped up inside the whisk at first, and I had to use a butter knife to get it unstuck and back in the bowl.  This broke it up a bit, and afterward it whisked very nicely into a liquid.

I followed the directions and put half the pumpkin mixture in the loaf pan and topped it with the cream cheese mixture.  The next part of the recipe says to put the second half of the pumpkin mixture on top, so I was surprised when most of it sank.  I guess in looking at it, that the pumpkin mixture is more dense than the cream cheese part.  Anyway, I swirled with a knife, like the recipe called for.

After baking, it looked beautiful!


It was a little on the dense side, but sliced beautifully, and my family declared it delicious.  Definitely a keeper recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment