Jeanne Backofen Craig

I'm a wife, mother, pianist, and runner living in Central Virginia.
You can learn more about me at wecraig.org/jeanne.
My videos can be found on my YouTube channel.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Recipe - Easy Macaroni and Cheese

I took a Crock-Pot recipe and modified it slightly.  I make it on the stovetop, as I found it all mixes together better.  Sometimes I'll make it ahead and put it in Crock-Pot to keep warm.

INGREDIENTS
32 ounces dry macaroni, or some other kind of pasta.  Shells, rotini, whatever.
1/4 cup butter (I use unsalted)
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream
1+ tsp. ground dry mustard
1/4 tsp. paprika
16 ounces shredded cheddar

Directions
Make the pasta in a very large pot as directed on package.  While it's draining, melt the butter in the pot you just used to cook the pasta.  Add the soup, milk, cream, ground dry mustard, and paprika.  Mix it up so the mustard & paprika are not in clumps.  Add the cheese.  Mix until the cheese is melted.  Add the pasta back in and stir it up well.

You can put this in a Crock-Pot afterward and put it on the "Warm" setting if you need to make it ahead.

My kids like to sprinkle a little garlic powder and dried tarragon on their individual servings.

This recipe has been very popular with the high school marching band at their annual bonfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment