Jeanne Backofen Craig

I'm a wife, mother, pianist, and runner living in Central Virginia.
You can learn more about me at wecraig.org/jeanne.
My videos can be found on my YouTube channel.

Friday, October 7, 2016

Create. Don't Consume.

The other day as I was sitting around with the TV on (not paying attention), and generally feeling kind of bored, this thought popped into my head.

"Create.  Don't consume."

Now, in the past, I have been the kind of person who fills her schedule as full as possible.  I rarely had "down time."  So I've been making a concerted effort to just relax and do NOTHING at times.  Rest is important.

However, I have found that resting and watching TV that doesn't really interest you is kind of boring.  

That's when I got the idea to start blogging.  I have no idea if anyone will ever read these entries, but it's a way to organize my thoughts, my recipes, or whatever I want.  And I can rest while I do it.  Right now I'm in the recliner with my feet up.  There's no deadline to publish this.  No one will care if I even do.  It's restful and not boring.

So... maybe I'll take up crocheting next.  :p

Create!

No comments:

Post a Comment